Alcohol and Substance Prevention Related Websites and Links
- AL-ANON/ALATEEN – Information assisting adults and teens with alcohol-related concerns.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – The teen section for the well-known 12-step program for treatment of alcoholism.
- Combat Heroin – This NYS website is dedicated to information about heroin addiction prevention and treatment.
- Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention – Excellent resource and information site.
- MADD Drunk Driving Statistics – Data from MADD and the National Highway Transportation Administration.
- Teenage Substance Abuse Prevention : Young people are more likely to experiment with drugs and alcohol than adults, and these habits could follow them into adulthood. Click here to receive more information and prevention resources.
- Resource Guide to Combat Heroin – This guide contains information on how to recognize signs of drug use in children, what treatment and support options are available and how and when to contact law enforcement.
- North Shore Drug Awareness – North Shore Drug Awareness began as a gathering place on Facebook. The founder, Tracey Janine Farrell, had recently been dealing with the death of her son from an accidental overdose and a daughter newly in recovery. During her son Kevin’s addiction, she found that she was very much alone when it came to finding treatment for him. Sending him to treatment for the first time in 2010, the hospital that he went to for detoxification was unable to obtain an authorization for him to have a continuum of care at a local rehabilitation center. Tracey took on the legwork herself and was able to obtain the authorization. Had it not been for her persistence he would have just been sent home.